Pain Medication Management with Board Certified Austin Pain Doctors
The top pain management doctors in Austin will perform interventional procedures and also provide pain medication management when indicated. The narcotic medication management is prescribed on an individualized, case by case basis and. There is no one-size-fits-all treatment regimen when it comes to the best Austin pain management.
The majority of Austin pain clinics necessitate pain medication agreements to help patients stick to their treatment programs. In addition, random urine drug testing is typically required. The Board Certified Austin pain doctors regularly review narcotic medication regimens for effectiveness. When indicated, interventional procedures are conducted for patients to enhance relief.
Here are some facts on pain medications in the US:
- An individual dies of a prescription medication overdose every fourteen seconds in the US.
- About 20,000 fatalities occur every year from narcotic overdoses in America.
- From 2000 to 2010, opioid prescriptions in the US quadrupled (the American population did not quadruple).
- 75% of those who take narcotics inappropriately obtain them either from a family member or friend.
- Muscle Relaxers
- Neurogenic Medications (e.g. Neurontin or Lyrica)
- Topical Pain Relievers (e.g. Patches or Creams)
The goal is to responsibly and safely prescribe in an effort to reduce pain and get people back to playing with pets, kids and back to work!
With comprehensive pain management in Austin, patients can achieve success over 90% of the time and avoid surgery.